Our world is not the same as the one we grew up in; we can’t leave our doors unlocked, windows opened, or let the kids play out in the yard without constant supervision. Yet we frequently do exactly that with our enterprise networks. The Internet allows for quick and timely exchange of information, emails sent to vendors half-way across town or on the other side of the globe, wireless networks allowing for ease of access to corporate resources, mobile applications keeping our customers up to date with the latest and greatest offering, new website initiatives driving revenue to our businesses.
Isn’t technology great?
But there’s a dark side to these advancements; criminals actively probing your networks, testing your defenses and ability to respond before they can get away with sensitive information.
The threats we face today expose your business to a variety of finical risks, with the impact of these attacks quickly escalating into hundreds of thousands of dollars within a matter of moments of the initial breach occurring.
To help understand if you need a penetration test, ask yourself the following:
- Do you understand where the most vulnerable systems in your network are?
- Are your mobile devices securely configured?
- Will your employees fall victim to phishing attacks?
- Are your web and custom applications secured properly?
- Do your facilities have adequate physical security?
Penetration Testing services can include:
- Custom crafted phishing campaigns
- Network vulnerability assessment and exploitation
- Web application vulnerability discovery and exploitation
- Mobile exploitation
- Wireless exploitation
- Employee social engineering via phone, social network, or physical platforms
- Physical penetration testing
Industry regulations and requirements:
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) Requirements
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- International Standards Organization Information Security Management System(ISO/IEC 27001)
Penetration testing comes in many shapes and sizes
Many in the industry mistakenly believe that penetration testing is a “one size fits all” commodity service. At Rendition Infosec we know that is not the case. Depending on what the organization is attempting to accomplish requires we properly scope the engagement to meet the specific requirements of your unique operating environment. We work with customers to ensure that they get the maximum value for their security dollars.
If you are concerned about the impact adversaries have on your business, contact Rendition for assistance.